Host Resistance

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Member Introductions

Posted 07-19-2021 15:49
    Edited by Jason Zurn 07-19-2021 16:07
    Here is a thread to introduce yourself to the rest of the committee.

• 2.  RE: Member Introductions

Posted 07-19-2021 15:57
    Edited by Jason Zurn 07-19-2021 16:09
    Hello all! I am a currently a Post-doc at Kansas State University and am serving as the Chair for the host resistance committee during the 2020-2021 year. My research interests include germplasm evaluation and improvement, characterizing host-pathogen interactions, gene and QTL discovery and characterization, and applying molecular techniques to facilitate DNA-informed breeding. Currently, I am working with wheat stem rust and exploring NB-LRR diversity in wheat. 

• 3.  RE: Member Introductions

Posted 07-19-2021 17:43
    Edited by Ye Xia 07-19-2021 20:10
    Hello Everyone! This is Ye Xia. I am an Associate Professor at The Ohio State University and serving as the Vice Chair for our Host Resistance Committee during the 2020-2021 calendar year. As a plant pathologist, my research interests are mainly focused on the biochemical, genetic, and molecular mechanisms as well as application of plant disease resistance and beneficial plant-microbe/microbiome interactions to improve plant health and yield for sustainable agriculture. My two main research areas: First, plant surface (cell wall, stomata, and cuticle) mediated plant immunity against diverse pathogens. Second, improvement of plant immunity and yield by beneficial microbes from phytobiome.

------------------------------
    Ye Xia
    Associate Professor
    Ohio State University
    Columbus OH
    (859) 489-6235
    ------------------------------